Friday, April 4, 2014

The Runway…Your Way!

The wise and oh so fabulous Coco Chanel once said that, "Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening." I don't think she could have said it any better…this is what I love about fashion! People are constantly inspired by the things that surround them to create or recreate trends and styles. 

While I love incorporating new trends into my wardrobe, there's something that is particularly important to me while doing so: practicality.


FASHION COMEBACKS

I've been recently inspired by fashion week and the new spring collections for 2014. While I'm not an expert at forecasting fashion, here are my predictions of some trends I think are making a comeback!

Tea Length Skirts

If there's something I have learned about fashion, it's that it repeats itself. I feel like tea length skirts are a more modern take on the 1950s poodle skirt. These skirts are so fun and cute to wear!


Can I let you in on a little secret? I was so bummed when I realized I didn't have a tea length skirt until a solution popped up in my head…


This white & black skirt isn't actually a skirt…it's a dress! 
I tucked in the top part of the dress and topped it off with a black belt!


By using what was already in my closet, I didn't have to pay a dime to incorporate this trend to my wardrobe!!


I felt like Maria from the Sound of Music in this picture. The hills (weeds) are alive, with the sound of music (bugs flyin errywhere)!!


As much as I would love to buy new clothes every time a new trend came out, I know I would hurt my bank account. I save by using what I already have and finding innovative ways to give older clothes more fresh and bold looks!


Jumpsuits

Let me tell you that this trend had me a little bit more hesitant than the others. But after seeing them one after another on the runway I began to warm up to them. Designers like Elie Tahari had me inspired.


Another trend coming out: orange! Which I'm so excited about because I love this bright, fun, & fierce color!


If you really love something (but it has gotten out of style), don't get rid of it! Chances are you'll be able to use it later on (unless you really know you won't wear it again). I'm glad my mom didn't! Thanks to her, I'm having so much fun playing dress up with the clothes she kept


It was SO windy yesterday here in Dallas. Maybe it's because we took these in the middle of a tornado watch…oops!


Feeling skeptical about wearing jumpsuits? Try one on…and you'll fall in love. They are so comfy!


Black & White

Black & white never really goes out of style, but I saw so much of it in many of this years spring collections!


Remember to keep things simple!


Since I started with some Coco Chanel, I thought I'd end with what she said about black & white. 
"Women think of all color except the absence of color. I have said that black has it all. White too. Their beauty is absolute. It is the perfect harmony"

The trends I've mentioned today are only a fraction of the trends making a comeback this spring! There are so many more including florals, white flowy trousers, collarless jackets, and more!

Comment below & tell me what your favorite trends are right now! 

Come back next time to see a spring inspired post!

Thanks for visiting my blog, I'll see you next time! :)

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment