Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Cute Meets Comfy

You slept through your alarm, you have a million things to complete on your to-do list, everything's not going as planned, and the harsh weather outside isn't helping. It's definitely a rough morning. Wouldn't rolling out of bed and conquering the world in your pjs sound like the most appealing thing ever? They're just soo comfortable and you just don't have enough time to dress up.

Well, I think we've all had mornings like this! Let me help you out.

The fabulous Tom Ford once said, "Dressing well is a form of good manners." 

So let's pull it together and show people our good manners! In this post, I'll show you how to dress cute without much effort. 




Tip #1:
One of my favorite things to do--layer! Use embellished sweaters to make up for accessories and throw a vest on top! I paired this olive green embellished sweater with the most comfy black jeggings I own and pulled out my old Chuck Taylors. 

 This embellished sweater is from Forever 21

Tip #2:
Throw on a fleece zip up!  I love fleece…so much. It's so comfy and it keeps you super warm without too many layers. This outfit is a lot more casual but it's better than just wearing a t-shirt. Style with an accent infinity scarf and you're set to go!

 I picked up this oh so fabulous zip up from Old Navy for five dollars

Tip #3:
Dress up plain sweaters with accessories like necklaces! This magenta sweater is comfier than it looks! I got it at H&M

 This chunky gold necklace dresses up the sweater making the outfit sweet & simple

Texas pride :)

Well, let's be honest, some mornings, you don't even have the energy to think about putting an outfit together…so rather than changing, cover up. Literally.
Tip #4:
Simply cover up comfy pj tops or whatever you want under a statement coat/jacket. No one will ever know ;)
example one:
 I love this purple leather jacket!
 Wait for it...
BAM!
I found this gem of a shirt in the back of my closet. I purposely picked a shirt like this to show you that you can mask it! 


 example two:


 sportin an old high school tee underneath
shhh your secret's safe with me!


example three:


Showing some school spirit for the best high school ever. iVivan los lobos! I loved being a part of Spanish Honor Society. And I love this fashion shortcut.


So the next time you find yourself in a rough morning situation, I hope some of these tips will be useful! Thanks for visiting! Come back soon to see my Valentines Day inspired outfits!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment